Booking a flight for an unaccompanied minor needs the travel agent’s undivided attention. With this Amadeus tip we tell you how to easily price an unaccompanied minor segment.
To price an unaccompanied minor (UM), use the passenger type code Unn (nn= age)
- For information on passenger type code UM, refer to the Amadeus Help page HE PTC (look for the list of passenger type codes)
- For information on pricing passenger type code UM, refer to the Amadeus Help page HE FXPor HE FXX
- for some airlines, the format to use for pricing might be specific. To verify for which airline the process is specific, verify the GGAIR pages: GGAIRxxMinor (XX for the company code: For example GGAIRBAMINOR for British Airways).
WITH EFFECT FROM 01AUG03 WHEN REQUESTING A FARE QUOTE FOR AN UNACCOMPANIED MINOR USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE CHILD AGE CONTAINS 2 DIGITS OTHERWISE THE ENTRY WILL REJECT AND YOU WILL GET THE FOLLOWING RESPONSE:
INVALID PASSENGER TYPE CODE
From the PNR use the entry: FXX/RU(age)
* FARE BASIS * DISC * PSGR * FARE<EUR> * MSG *T
Fare Discount UM
- If the airline has filed a UM discount, Amadeus will price it accordingly as long as the correct passenger code is used. You must use the Uxxpassenger type code in the name.
- If the airline has not filed a UM discount, Amadeus will price at the adult fare.
LN FARE BASIS OW EUR RT
** RULES DISPLAY **
– UNACCOMPANIED CHILD 5-11. ID REQUIRED – CHARGE 75