The ASATA Diners Club Awards were recently relaunched and these awards are intended to recognise professionals in travel. Over the years we have promoted the services of our travel agency and wholesaler members, and now is the time to recognise those individuals in the industry who contribute to the professional image of this dynamic industry.
A travel professional should be the ‘go to person’ when the customer chooses to travel, as too often the traveller chooses to go it alone, sometimes not knowing all the ramifications of complex travel arrangements. It is important that we constantly upgrade our image and gain the respect and trust of the public to ultimately be seen as the reliable source of travel advice. These awards are aimed at recognising those individuals who consistently add value to the customer’s experience, create loyalty through excellent customer service and have the edge with regards to products on offer and destination knowledge. These individuals understand all the details and cost implications when making a travel booking and assist the passenger in times of a crisis.
The winners of the prestigious ASATA Diners Club Awards were announced at a gala event on 1 March 2014 at Montecasino, Johannesburg. Considered the highest accolade in the South African travel industry, nominations were received from all over the county. The selected panel of judges took great care in selecting the winners, who were chosen from various sectors within the travel and tourism industry. Amadeus is very proud of the 4 individuals that use the GDS and won awards this year.
The winners were as follows:
- Leisure Consultant: Jacqui Giles (Club Travel)
- Corporate Consultant: Angelique Anderson (Sure African Imprint)
- ITC: Janine Corry (24Point7 Studio Travel)
- Key Accounts Executive: Rachael Penaluna (Sure Maritime Travel)
- Wholesale FIT: Carla Seaman (Travel Vision)
- Wholesale Groups: Lizelle Morrison (Beachcomber)
- Wholesale Sales Representative: Cheryl Smith (Travel Vision)
- Exceptional Commitment: Johanna Mukoki (Travel with Flair)
- Tomorrow’s Leader: Dorcas Dlamini (Protea Hotels)
- Each winner received an invite to the 2014 Africa Convention.
Immanuel Banza, Senior Manager, Customer Services, Amadeus attended the awards and commented, “I was delighted to see some of our customers like Club Travel, Sure African Imprint , Sure Maritime Travel or Beachcomber win one of these prestigious awards. This is a great achievement and congratulations to all the winners.
We look forward to next years awards…