Do you know how to effortlessly confirm a hotel chain booking or a hotel aggregator booking? In our latest tip, we show you exactly how it’s done.
Confirming a Hotel Chain Booking
- Your booking is only fully confirmed after the Booking File has been completed and saved.
- You can do this in either the Booking File module or the Command page.
- You can still modify or cancel the booking after it has been confirmed. However, it is important to first read the hotel’s or the aggregator’s conditions to check if any penalties apply.
Confirming an Aggregator Booking
- The hotel booking is automatically confirmed at the time of booking.
- You can cancel the booking after it has been confirmed.
- Note: It is important to first read the hotel’s or the aggregator’s conditions to check if any penalties apply.
- You can modify dates for aggregator hotel bookings using a cryptic command in the Command page. For all other aggregator hotel booking modifications, you must cancel and rebook.
To confirm a hotel booking in the Command Page
- Go to the Command Page.
- Use the RT transaction entry to retrieve the active booking.
Some of the elements that are mandatory in a Booking File are automatically completed using the information you entered in the booking, for example, the NM – Name element and the hotel segment.
- Complete the booking file with any remaining mandatory elements:
• AP– Contact
• RF– Received From
• TK– Ticketing Arrangement
Note: Enter HE BOOKING FILE for help on how to complete a Booking File using cryptic transaction entries.
- Use either the ET or ER transaction entry to save (end transact) the booking file to confirm the reservation.
The Booking File is assigned a record locator, which you can use to retrieve the Booking File if required.
Here is an example of the booking confirmation.
For more tips on your Amadeus platform, be sure to visit the Service Hub.